Saturday, June 25, 2011

Super Mario World Fire Flower



I have very fond memories of spending hours and hours playing Super Mario World on our Super Nintendo as a child. When I was looking for patterns for my first softie/amigurumi I was excited at all of the Mario items and characters I found (most from the amazing WolfDreamer - this woman is amazing and I have already made quite a few of her patterns). After making a few items, I wanted to add a fire flower to my set, but all I could find were patterns for the more recent versions. So I decided to add my own!

It starts out with a semi-circle to which I've added some points and a stem with leaves. A big thanks to Inner Child Crochet for their tutorial on semicircles which you can find here

This is the first time I've ever written a pattern for anyone else, so please let me know if there are any problems or if you have any questions.

Materials
8ply/DK weight yarn in orange, green and a tiny bit of black
3mm hook
yarn needle
fibre fill or other stuffing
This is what I used, but feel free to adjust to what you have at hand. I have learnt with basic amigurumi that gauge isn't super important, as long as your hook is small for your yarn so it's nice and tight.

The numbers in brackets at the end of the row indicate the number of stitches in that row.

Flowers - make 2
1. Ch 2. 3 sc in second chain from the hook.
2. Sc twice in each Sc, ch 1 turn (6)
3. Sc in next Sc, Sc twice in next Sc across ch 1 turn (9)
4. Sc in next 2 Sc, Sc twice in next Sc. Repeat to end. ch 1 turn (12)
5. Sc in next 3 Sc, Sc twice in next Sc. Repeat to end. Ch 1, turn. (15)
6. Sc in next 4 Sc, Sc twice on next Sc. Repeat to end. Ch 1, turn. (18)
7. Sc in next 5 Sc, Sc twice on next Sc. Repeat to end. Ch 1, turn. (21)
Points
Pick up and Sc 14 stitches across the straight edge.
First point
1. Ch 1, Sc 4, ch 1 turn
2. Sc2tog twice, ch 1 turn
3. Sc2tog, ch 1, FO

2nd point
1. Join yarn at next Sc. Sc 6, ch 1 turn
2. Sc2tog, Sc 2, Sc2tog, ch 1 turn
3. Sc 4
4. Continue as row 2 & 3 of first point

3rd point
Join yarn again and repeat as for first point.
Sc around whole flower.

Join two flowers and stuff

Stem
1. Sc 8 in magic circle
2. Sc each Sc
Continue for four rows

Leaves - make two
1. 5 Sc in magic circle
2. Sc twice in each Sc - 10
3-6. Sc in each St
7. Sc2tog five times
Stuff ball. FO with long tail. Weave through stitches and pull tight. Pull yarn up through other end to slightly flatten bottom.

Join two leaves evenly on either side of stem.
Stuff stem and sew to flower.

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

4 comments:

  1. My son is going to love this! It is hard finding "boy stuff" to knit and crochet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic crochet amigurumi! I was researching different mario themed crochet patterns when I came across your site. Thank you so much for the free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crime is an offence that takes everywhere. There isn't a single country, state or city that's immune to any kind of misdemeanor. It can be in the face of a murder, rape, robbery, sexual assault, physical violence, etc. Anything done with a purpose to harm another human being is, termed as an offence or a crime
    <a href="https://srisvirginialawyer.com/abogado-delitos-sexuales-virginia-fairfax-abogado-delitos-sexuales-va/>mejor abogado defensor de delitos sexuales</a>

    ReplyDelete